Win $250 for the best original #BeVapeFree Video!
Webster Health and Education Network: A Drug Free Community Coalition (WHEN:DFCC) is sponsoring a video contest for the best original video intended to educate your fellow students on the hazards of e-Cigs, vaping and Juul. At WHEN:DFCC, we believe in a vape-free and smoke-free world where individuals say no to e-Cigs and aim to live healthier lives. WHEN:DFCC has launched #BeVapeFree Video Contest where Webster students in grades 6-12 can win up to $250 for creating a #BeVapeFree video that encourages students to become educated on the negative effects of vaping products.
Contest begins Saturday, September 8, 2018 and ends Monday, October 15, 2018.
Two awards will be presented: one for the 10-30 second short-form video category, and one for the 31 second to 3-minute long form video category.
- Two awards for 1st Place in each category: $250
Submission Deadline: October 15, 2018
To participate in the contest, students should write a well-researched and evidence based video. Students may choose the topic; however, all topics should encourage a vape-free world. Students may submit one video per each category (10-30 second short-form video or 30 second to 3-minute long form video) to increase their chances of winning.
Please see below for examples:
- The benefits of creating a vape-free world
- The dangers of smoking e-cigarettes
- Tips to quit vaping
- Applicants must be enrolled in the Webster School District in the fall of 2018.
- Video must be in the following formats: .mp4, .mp3, or a PowerPoint slideshow and no more than 20 MB in size.
- If you need help creating your video, please ask a teacher for help.
How to Apply
People who wish to participate should send their video as an attachment in an email to WHENBeVapeFreeVideo@gmail.com by October 15, 2018, 9 AM EST.
In the body of the email, applicants should include the following information:
- Your name and phone number
- If you are under 18, contact information for your parents.
- The name of the school you are attending or planning on attending.
- The best way to contact you. (Please do not use your school/district email.)
- Email Subject Line: #BeVapeFree 30 Second Video Contest or #BeVapeFree 3 Minute Video Contest
Once the application period has ended, our committee will review the submissions and choose a winner by October 30, 2018. The winners will be chosen considering the following factors:
Please note that all awards will be issued directly to the winner. A valid school identification and proof of enrollment will be required to receive an award.
All personal information collected from students will be used only for the purpose of awarding the prize. No personal information will be distributed, sold, or provided to third parties. By applying to “#BeVapeFree Video Contest”, you are granting permission for WHEN to edit and publish your video on any website or social media accounts owned or operated by WHEN.
For general questions regarding #BeVapeFree Video Contest, please contact us at WHENBeVapeFreeVideo@gmail.com.
Rules for the #BeVapeFree Video Contest
- ELIGIBILITY: This contest is for Webster students in grades 6-12. The winner of the contest will be required to provide a mailing address, phone number, and a parental consent to receive his or her prize.
- OVERVIEW: Eligible individuals may enter the contest by creating and submitting a 10-30 second video or a video of 31 seconds up to three minutes in length. Videos will be judged on the basis of relevance to the topic (support of WHEN #BeVapeFree campaign), creativity, and uniqueness. Each video submitted will be considered one entry. Participants may submit more than one video, so long as there is a clear distinction in content between entries.
- TO ENTER: The contest entry period begins at 12:00 a.m. on September 8, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on October 15, 2018.
- Entrants may send videos to WHENBeVapeFreeVideo@gmail.com.
- Entrants must include the #BeVapeFree tag in the description of the video.
- If there is narration in your video, the narration must be in your voice, must be original and must not infringe on third-party rights.
- The video must not exceed three minutes in length.
- Any music included in a video must be original: all music and/or lyrics must be written and performed solely by you. The composition and performance may not have been published by any third party and must not infringe on third-party rights. If Judges determine in its sole discretion that the music you have included in your video is not original, or infringes on any third-party rights, the Judges may disqualify your entry in its sole discretion.
- RESTRICTIONS: No third party trademarks/logos/intellectual property. Be careful that your video and/or caption doesn’t inadvertently contain a company’s trademark, logo or intellectual property because that may cause your video to be disqualified. Examples to watch for: a trademark/logo on a baseball cap, sneakers or t-shirt.
- CONTENT REQUIREMENTS: Entrants may capture the video themselves, or Entrants may have another person capture the video. If someone other than the Entrant has captured the video, the Entrant must have written permission from that person to submit the video and Entrant must be able to obtain a signed release from the videographer upon the request of Judges.
- CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: Entrant warrants and represents that the Video: is original (video may be captured by someone other than the Entrant if the Entrant obtained written permission to submit the video, as set forth below); does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy, publicity rights, ownership or any other legal or moral rights of any third party; and is suitable for public viewing.
- By submitting an Entry, Entrant represents that he/she owns all rights to each element of his/her Entry, including, without limitation, the copyrights in the video. Sponsor’s determination as to whether the video violates the rights of any third party is final.
- Each Entrant irrevocably grants WHEN and its affiliates, legal representatives, agents and licensees, the unconditional and perpetual right and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used), on an exclusive basis each element of the Entrant’s Entry, and use of the Entrant’s name, likeness, photograph (collectively, “Likeness”), and/or statements regarding his/her participation in this Contest (with or without using the Entrant’s name) in any and all media without limitation as to time or territory, and without additional compensation or approval from the Entrant or any other party. Entrant waives intellectual property rights, privacy/publicity rights or other legal or moral rights that might preclude the Sponsor’s use of any element of the Entry, and agrees not to sue or assert any claim against the Sponsor for the use of any element of the Entry or Entrant’s Likeness or statements. Entrant further grants all end users of Judges’ Web Site (a) the ability to rate, vote, review, comment on and tag the Entry; (b) the ability to send and distribute the Entry via e-mail, instant messenger, and via social media or other electronic means.