Hotlines and Emergency Help
- Call 911 with any emergency. The New York State 911 Good Samaritan Law allows people to call 911 without fear of arrest if they are having a drug or alcohol overdose that requires emergency medical care or if they witness someone overdosing.
- LIFE LINE: Dial 211 for a 24/7 crisis and suicide intervention program and Information & Referral service serving Monroe, Wayne, Ontario, Livingston, Cayuga and Seneca Counties. Get assistance and referrals for emergency food, shelter, clothing, crisis counseling, substance abuse issues, employment, financial and legal issues, physical and mental health needs, and more.
- Underage Drinking Tip Line: 343-1932 or 1-800-851-1932. Help save lives and keep kids safe. If you know about an underage drinking event, call the TipLine.
Unused Prescription Drop Off Locations
- Webster Police Department 1000 Ridge Road, Webster, NY 14580
- Walgreens, Irondequoit (corner of Ridge Rd. and Culver Rd.), 2100 East Ridge Road, only during pharmacy hours: 8 a.m. -10 p.m. (M-F), 9 a.m.-6 p.m. (Sat.) and 10 a.m.-6 p.m. (Sun)
- Irondequoit Police Department, Public Safety Building, 1300 Titus Avenue, Ironedquoit, NY 14617
- Fairport Police Department, 31 South Main Street, Fairport, NY 14450
- East Rochester Police Department, 317 Main Street, East Rochester, NY 14445
- Monroe County Opioid Task Force Resources
- Monroe County OASAS Certified Treatment Providers from NCADD-RA
- Recovery Services in Monroe County from NCADD-RA
- Open Access Clinic, 1350 University Ave, Rochester, NY. No appointment or insurance necessary. Tuesday-Saturday 4 PM - 10 PM. (585)627-1777 Transportation help available. Assessment of needed care available.
Help Accessing Services
- Video series on how to navigate the substance use disorder system of care.
- RecoverySupportNavigator.org provides a variety of services designed to guide, educate, and support individuals and families through the treatment and recovery process.
Insurance and Benefits
- Know Your Rights: Parity for Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Benefits – Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Health Insurance of Addiction and Mental Health Care from Legal Action Center